Friday, January 4, 2008

An ode to me

ME There is a lot to tell you folks out there about this guy called Me, well I’ll do my best. Why not let Me talk about himself cos he knows more than myself… ladies and gentlemen please welcome the handsome and sexy ME (applause). ME: Thank you fans. Today God is watching over me and his lamp is shinning upon my head. By His light I walk through darkness. I am always in my prime… Where God’s intimate friendship blesses house and the Almighty is with me. My children are around me and my path is drenched with cream. The rock pours out for me streams of olive oil. When I walk to the gates of the city and take my seat in the public square, the young me see me and step aside, the old men rise to their feet, the chief men refrain from speaking and cover their mouths with their hands. Whoever hears me speaks well of me, because I rescue the poor who cry out for help and the fatherless who have no assistance. The men who are dying bless me and I will make more widow’s hearts sing. I put on righteousness as my clothing. Justice is my belt and tie. I am an eye to the blind and feet to the lame and a father to the needy. I will take up the case of that stranger and break the fangs of the wicked to snatch the victim from their teeth. I shall not die , for I have eternal life. My days are as numerous as the sand of the seashore. My roots reach to the water and the dew is all night on my branches. My glory will remain fresh in me, the bow ever new in my hand. Men listen to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel. After I have spoken, they speak no more for my words fall gently on their ears. They wait gently for me as for showers and drink in my words as the spring rain. And when I smile at them, they scarcely believe it. The light of my face is precious to them. I choose the way for them and sit as their chief. And I am dwelling in the land as a kink among his troops. I am one who comforts the mourners.

No comments:



...Edgar Allan Poe

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Hey Friends What Do You Think About My Blog