Friday, December 23, 2011

A boy in Boston, rather small for his years, worked in an office as errand boy for four gentlemen who did business there. One day they were chaffing him a little about being so small, and said to him, "You never will amount to much--you never can do much business--you are too small."
"Well," said he, "small as I am I can do something which none of you four men can do."
"Oh, and what is that?" they asked.
"I don't know as I ought to tell you," he replied.
But they were eager to know and urged him to tell them what he could do that none of them were able to do.
"I can keep from swearing," said the little fellow.
There were some blushes on four manly faces, and there seemed to be very little anxiety for further information on the point.

No comments:



...Edgar Allan Poe

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Hey Friends What Do You Think About My Blog